Recently, Adobe has officially released major updates to virtually all of their applications work on Creative Cloud at Adobe MAX 2018, including Photoshop and Lightroom. Photoshop has got several large and minor updates. So, without further ado, let’s take a look at some of the cool new features of Photoshop CC 2019.
Content-Aware Fill (CAF)
When it was initially launched in Photoshop, we all loved it as it changed how we do retouching. You can select and click Fill > Content Aware or Shift + Backspace and the area is filled magically. At least it is how it should work. But you often get unusual artifacts and look for a similar stamp tool. CAF collects pixel from another area of the document to recover the area and it sometimes doesn’t work.
Now you can choose Edit > Content-Aware Fill to have a Content-Aware workspace and see a live preview on right. Areas appear in green are the ones which would be used to check out. Paint with a brush to avoid areas. Hold Alt/Option to add areas to check out. Now you can specify sample areas which change things. Some checkboxes enable scaling, rotation, or mirroring pixels.
This Latest Adobe Photoshop CC 2019 feature will really come handy if you create thumbnails. Create a rectangle, drop in a photo, create clipping group to add a photo and resize and reposition the image. Grab the oval or rectangular frame tool and draw on the canvas. Drag a picture from the library or another layer and it will resize to fit and get into shape.
Well, this is a new concept in Lightroom Classic and Camera RAW. HDR Panorama is a panoramic picture with all the dynamic range in HDR. To create HDR Panorama, merge all the bracketed images to HDR. Then stitch all HDR pictures to Panorama. Select the images in the filmstrip. Right-click and select the option “Merge to HDR Panorama”. It will save a lot of time.
Well, there are some catches as well. Sometimes, it doesn’t work in case of DJI drone pictures as they are just .7 stop of brackets. Some users suggest that it works with 2 stops of the bracket.
Preview in Blending Mode
Choose the move tool rather than guessing Layer Blending Modes. Click “Normal” in Layers panel as you go through various previews. Now, Photoshop displays a preview.
Other New Features in Adobe Photoshop CC 2019
- Double click on the type and edit the text if you have to move selected tool.
- Click on the canvas to apply text, place, crop and transform, without having to select another tool.
- You no longer need to hold the Shift key down to constrain proportions when it comes to scaling. You can now transform disproportionate if you hold Shift key.
- You no longer need to press Alt+Cms/Ctrl+Z for multiple undo, as the new combination is Ctrl+Z/Cmd
- Go to Windows > Workspaces > Lock to lock your panels’ position
- In Color Panel, right click on Color Swatch and pick Color Wheel. Now you can easily check out complimentary colors and choose colors.